Cryotherapy is the use of extreme cold to destroy abnormal or diseased tissue and has been used to successfully treat animals and humans for many years.
Cryotherapy is best used to to remove small cysts and masses on the skin without anesthesia. Typically, a local numbing gel to prevent pain and, in 1 or 2 treatments, your pet’s masses will be gone. Cryotherapy can be done during your pet’s regular appointment and does not require sedation.
What are the skin issues that can be treated with cryotherapy?
- Skin tags
- Other benign tissue growths
Why is using cryotherapy beneficial?
- There is little discomfort during the procedure because the extreme cold is naturally numbing.
- This is a non-invasive procedure that requires no anesthesia and leaves no wound on your pet’s skin.
- This is a safer alternative to surgery for many pets, especially those who are sensitive, are older or too high-risk for anesthetic.
- Recovery is much faster with a lower risk of complications.
- It is also cost-effective alternative to surgery.
Call us today if you’d like to schedule an appointment!