What is Herbal Therapy?
Herbal Therapy is the use of natural plants or plant extracts as medicine. Herbal therapy have been used since ancient times as effective treatment for many conditions. Herbal therapy can be eaten or ingested in the form of capsules or teapills and can also be applied topically on the skin as a salve or poultice as treatment.
Herbal Therapy is a useful alternative to keeping your pet on chronic pain medications or for pets that cannot tolerate traditional medications due to side effects. It can also be used in conjunction with traditional medication as well as acupuncture and laser therapy for maximum benefit.
Herbal medicine utilizes natural herbal ingredients in particular combinations or formulas to treat particular disease patterns. Herbal supplements contain plant based ingredients that have therapeutic properties. Herbs can act as natural and safe pain relievers, cough suppressants , immune boosters and much more!
We use both chinese herbal remedies as well as traditional western herbs in treating pets.
What conditions are Herbal Therapies used for?
- Orthopedic Conditions (hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia, arthritis, intervertebral disk disease, etc)
- Allergies (skin rashes, dermatitis, ear infections)
- Neurological disorders (siezures, IVDD, paralysis)
- Gastrointestinal disorders (diarrhea, vomiting, colic, constipation)
- Respiratory conditions (cough, asthma)
- Chronic conditions (cushing’s, thyroid disease, diabetes and kidney or liver disease)
We have a certified chinese herbal therapist on staff. If you are interested in seeing how herbal therapy can help your pet, please contact us for an appointment or virtual visit .